Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter @ Dagoretti Childrens Home

I needed to give myself a challenge this year.I love children.Infarct,I serve as a Children's church worker in my local home church.

I had a choice to travel to Tanzania Dar-es-salaam but I decided to cancel my trip and share my long holiday with children.I didn't want it to be a big deal so with what I was to use as fare,I invested in shopping and calling my brothers and sisters to get me baby clothes to donate to the 1day-1year old abandoned adorable children.

Dagoretti Children's home is the place and its quite a long distance from Nairobi.It took me up to 1 hour drive to get there.On arrival to the home, I had to write down my name and specify where exactly we are going to.They quickly took me to the 1day-1 year old nursery.Oh man!!!you should see those adorable children.On seeing me,they all smiled back at me as if they had seen Mama.They all want to be cradled.One by one I picked each of them.Such an awesome experience!

I didn't regret why I didn't go to Tanzania.One day if you actually want to do the most extra ordinary thing in your life visit a children's home.

Your life shall be changed in a whisker.

No comments: