Saturday, September 6, 2008

I am not my hair

I once read something in a book that said something like, "love like you've never been hurt and dance like no ones watching" and there is this song that has this chorus it goes like "I am not my hair,I am not my skin......and so on.sung by India Arie. ( http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/indiaarie/iamnotmyhair.html)


Hmm....it got me thinking for a while,why did India Arie have to say such statements?why did such a person have to write and sing such a song?The answer just came to me last night when I was lying in bed facing up and my eyes on my mural painted ceiling .Something tragic had just happened in my life through an sms that came in my small cheap mobile phone that changed my destiny within a flash! Ironically,instead of hating,I just remembered in the beginning of the year,I took this promise bible verse in a local church which is in Isaiah 41:10 and peace like a river just flowed in me.


Everything in life works for good.When a child is born,dies your house burns,you are looked down apron and when you love and don't get love in return?! They are all for good.I learned that,I should look up in the skies because that's where my help comes from.I should not be judged by my hair,my skin because that's not me! You might never know what you hold in your hands is valuable till you loose it.OK some practical lesson for you.look at the palm of your hands.What do you see?I guess line criss crossing your hands.Look again and concentrate forget what is happening around you.keep looking at it.What do you see? That's what your hands hold.That's your worth.That's a secret.Until we learn to protect what we have,we never value what God has granted us.


I refuse to be judged with my hair,my skin and more so my looks!What matters to me the most is how hard I will impact your life.If I came into your life to hurt you?to disrupt you?to empower you?to encourage and expose you? anything of the sort.guess what! It was meant for good.That's the point you go like,thank God am a being.Thank God I been judged by my hair and I am not my skin.


Loving like you've never been hurt portrays your personality and puts you in a position in life as a fighter and as an open minded person.Just in case an sms comes in your mobile phone and goes like "I like you as a friend and I think you are wonderful person and a friend too.Otherwise I am seeing someone and we are serious." Don't look down on yourself and go like I was judged by my hair! Pick up yourself,dust off the durst on your back,put your head up and look for more loving search yourself and pursue the next and love like you've never been hurt.

No comments: