Saturday, September 6, 2008

Skate till you fly!!



For as long as I can remember my brother before he travelled to the States four years ago,he has always loved skating.Every weekend,my brother would sweet talk my Mom for her to agree that he would take me to luna park (an amusement park in Nairobi).I get so excited and I wonder which uncle my brother talked to for some cash!!Hey,Phillip where we going?I ask.Because we arent taking the same route to luna park.He looks at me and gives me a big smile that extends from Cheek to cheek and whispers "sssssskatinggg".Oh gosh that would send shivers all over my body.To be honest,it was really risky but it was so adictive that you always felt you need to skate every time you remove the wheels off your feet!




Its a Sunday afternoon and no cars on the road.My brother puts me on his back and on my back I would carry my skates and his.within a tweet,we reach our skating ground."Paliament road".The road is as smooth as summer cherries.As soon as he put me down,we found ourselves removing our shoes and putting on our skates on.We would speed skate from county house to Hotel Intercontinental and back.people would sit on the pavement and watch us as we do our adrenalin rush sport.


When my brother left for America,I stopped skating for some time.Such kinds of sports needs someone to give you the push and give you the adrenalin rush.I am about to recieve a pair of five wheelers parcel from the states.I cant wait to get back on parliament road and remember what my brother tought me.To skate till you fly!!!!

No comments: